KNEE PAIN IN Laguna Hills CA
Get out of pain. Get back into Life! No Surgery. No Opioids. All Natural
Knee pain can be caused by a sudden injury, an overuse injury, or by an underlying condition, such as arthritis. Treatment will vary depending on the cause. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness. There are a lot of people that suffer from knee pain in Laguna Hills CA, and for many there are some great treatment options.
Suffering From Knee Pain in Laguna Hills CA?
Knee pain is an extremely common complaint, and there are many causes. It is important to make an accurate diagnosis of the cause of your symptoms so that appropriate treatment can be directed at the cause. If you have knee pain, some common causes include:
- Arthritis - Arthritis is among the most common causes of knee pain, and there are many treatments available.
- Ligament Injuries - Ligament injuries commonly occur during athletic activities and can cause discomfort and instability.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Injury
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Injury
- Cartilage Injuries | Meniscal Tear - Cartilage tears are seen in young and old patients alike and are also an extremely common cause of knee pain.
- Patellar Tendonitis - Tendonitis around the joint is most commonly in the patellar tendon, the large tendon over the front of the knee.
- Chondromalacia Patella - Chondromalacia causes knee pain under the kneecap and is due to softening of the cartilage. It is most common in younger patients (15-35 years old).
- Dislocating Kneecap - A dislocating kneecap causes acute symptoms during the dislocation, but can also lead to chronic knee pain.
- Baker's Cyst - A Baker's cyst is swelling in the back of the joint, and is usually a sign of another underlying problem such as a meniscus tear.
- Bursitis - The most common bursa affected around the joint is just above the kneecap. This is most common in people who kneel for work, such as gardeners or carpet layers.
- Plica Syndrome - Plica syndrome is an uncommon cause of knee pain, and can be difficult to diagnose. The diagnosis is usually made at the time of arthroscopy.
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease - Osgood-Schlatter disease is a condition seen in adolescents and is due to irritation of the growth plate just at the front of the joint.
- Osteochondritis Dissecans - Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) is another condition seen in adolescents due to the growth of the bone around the joint.
- Gout - Gout is an uncommon cause of knee pain. However, in patients who have a diagnosis of gout, it must be considered as a cause for new onset knee pain.
Knee pain is a common symptom in people of all ages. It may start suddenly, often after an injury or exercise. Knee pain also may begin as a mild discomfort, then slowly get worse. At their worst, they cause pain that interferes with daily activities, including walking. You may feel this pain when bending your knee, while putting weight on it, or all the time. Knee joints are made of bone, cartilage, ligaments, and fluid. Muscles and tendons help knee joint move freely. When there is damage in any of these structures then there are knee problems.
Knee pain can have different causes. Being overweight puts you at greater risk for knee problems. Overusing your knee, new activities such as high impact exercises can trigger knee problems that cause pain. If you have a history of arthritis, it could also cause knee pain. Here are some of the common causes of knee pain.
- Osteoarthritis: The cartilage in the knee gradually wears away.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: The knee may become swollen, and cartilage may be destroyed.
- Ligament Injuries: Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries usually result from a sudden twisting motion. Injuries to the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) are usually caused by a direct impact, like impact from a car accident or sports activities.
- Tendon Injuries: These can range from inflammation to a tear, most likely from overuse in sports or from a fall.
- Cartilage Injuries & Disorders: Injury, overuse, muscle weakness, or misalignment of the knee can soften the cartilage of the kneecap, or a blow to the knee may tear off a piece of cartilage.
- Broken Kneecap: The small, round bone (patella) that sits over the front of your knee joint breaks, usually as the result of a fall or a direct blow to the knee.
- KDT Decompression: is a proven effective way to reduce pressure induced by degeneration and osteoarthritis in the knee. No other treatment options are as effective as treating these conditions non-surgically.
- FDA-Cleared Acoustic Shock Wave Therapy: Extracorporeal Shockwave that involves delivery of shock waves to injured soft tissue to reduce pain, breakdown tissue calcification and promote healing. Along with helping avoid surgery as well as repeated steroid injections, which can increase breakdown of the tissue in long term.
- MLS Laser Therapy: A pain-free procedure that penetrates the tissue activating mitochondrial activity and greatly stimulating blood flow to the targeted area. This has the effect of stimulating healing, creating an analgesic effect (reducing pain) and decreasing inflammation and overall accelerating the recovery process.
- Neuromuscular Stimulator: Featuring 4 distinct wave forms to reduce inflammation, improve blood flow and help to repair injured areas.
- Supplementation: High dose quality supplementation to help the healing and repairing cartilage and ligaments and joint support.
- Custom Made Orthotics: Our unique custom-made orthotics help to correct all 3 arches and gain balance and reduce the pressure off feet and knees.
If you suffer from knee pain call our team at Khorrami Chiropractic Wellness Center today. Our Laguna Hills CA area team can offer you some of the latest treatments available to help you overcome this painful problem.
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 3:00pm